Badgerlink - Free resources for Wisconsin residents. Full access in district, you may need to log in with a Public Library card at home depending on your internet provider.
- Encyclopedia Britannica - all levels and in Spanish, articles, video, images, and web links. Articles can be read aloud online.
- Britannica Atlas - all levels
- Britannica Learning Zone - learning site with stories and activities for K-2
- Miriam Webster Dictionary
- Teaching Books.net - Multimedia resources about fiction and nonfiction books
- A wide variety of digital resources, encyclopedias, research sites for all levels including adult.
- Within WML you will also find links to:
- Into the Book - Into the Book is a reading comprehension resource for elementary students and teachers. Focusing on research-based strategies: Using Prior Knowledge, Making Connections, Questioning, Visualizing, Inferring, Summarizing, Evaluating and Synthesizing.
- SoundzAbound - the ONLY royalty free music library which meetall the licensing and technology requirements needed for education!
- PBS Learning Media - featuring videos from PBS's popular programming. Searchable video clips, animations, and interactives. Free registration required for full access.
- And many more.
NEO K12 - teacher reviewed video resources for K-12 topics from around the web, including Youtube. Includes online activities, quizzes, etc.
PBS Kids Video - browse PBS Kids video clips from popular shows search by show or by topic. (K-4)
Discovery Kids Videos - short clips covering animals, earth, science, dinosaurs, space, etc. Site does also have games and activities. (K-5)
National Geographic Education - "The National Geographic Education Portal offers free geography, science, and social studies content resources for K-12 educators, learners, and families." Includes articles, videos, games, and interactives.(K-12)
Scholastic Study Jams K-8 - a collection of over 200 learning videos, slide shows, and step by step explanations for science and math that will have your students discovering everything from invertebrates to the water cycle and the rule of divisibility. Each Jam includes a teaching video/step-by-step/slide show, key vocabulary, and a test yourself section where they can practice what they have just learned.
Math Playground Videos - Step by step videos show how to solve math problems from number properties to algebra. (4-12)
Watch Know Learn - an indexed collection of approximately 50,000 educational videos, placed into a directory of over 5,000 categories. Videos are pulled from many resources, including Youtube.
Kahn Academy - Math Videos, Exercises, Tips & More For Students, Teachers, & Parents. 1000's of interactive math problems aligned to the Common Core. Includes videos from Youtube.
NBC Learn - offers a number of free video resources in the area of science. (4-12)
Kids Know It - short Youtube-hosted videos for topics in science, math, and language arts. (K-5)
Untamed Science - a Youtube Channel with quality science videos, including fun science music videos on a wide variety of topics like food pyramid, plate tectonics, gravity, cells, etc.
Ted Talks - TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less), covering a multitude of topics. (6-12)
CK-12 - CK-12 Foundation is a non-profit that creates and
aggregates high quality curated STEM content. "CK-12 provides open-source content and technology tools to help teachers provide learning opportunities for students globally. Free access to high-quality, customizable educational content in multiple modalities suited to multiple student learning styles and levels will allow teachers, students and others to innovate and experiment with new models of learning. CK-12 helps students and teachers alike by enabling rapid customization and experimentation of teaching and learning styles." Includes Youtube-hosted videos.